How it all started...
After relocating from Atlanta to Baton Rouge, Mark A. Ellis, Pastor and Founder, received the vision for United Christian Faith Ministries in June 2001. God instructed Pastor Ellis to reach out to the community, preach the gospel and teach the Word of God with simplicity and understanding. In August 2001, the ministry was formed with only seven members. United Christian Faith Ministries held its first worship service at Ramada Inn, previously located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over the years, God has blessed UCFM tremendously. God has allowed us to touch many lives within this community. With over twenty five ministries established, our focus continues to be on outreach, worship, fellowship, ministry, and service. Our membership continues to grow expediently. We have grown from the seven members in 2001 to currently over 2000 members and many souls have been added to the body of Christ. TO GOD BE THE GLORY! We yet remain dependent upon God and his infinite wisdom as we continue to build the kingdom of God and celebrate Jesus. The Lord is continually sharing His presence with United Christian Faith Ministries and by His sovereign leadership adding to this ministry daily. GREAT IS GOD’S FAITHFULNESS!
Expanding the vision...
In August of 2017, we cut the ribbon on the state of the art United Center. This facility was built to house the many discipleship opportunities we offer.
Expanding the Vision......
On October 20, 2019, we celebrated burning the mortgage on our sanctuary! God has been good to us and the best is yet to come!!!
- Developing an ongoing plan that leads people to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and to build Great Commission Christians
- Providing opportunities that create and foster fellowship and encouragement in the congregation
- Enabling persons of all ages to respond to the presence, holiness and revelation of Almighty God through prayer, praise, confession and repentance, confession of faith, scripture reading and study, preaching, the ordinances, and offerings
- Developing a discipleship perspective that reflects an intentional and holistic approach to guide disciples to grow in spiritual maturity and to equip believers for ministry
- Engaging in evangelistic actions that result in winning the lost to Christ and reclaiming the spiritually indifferent
- Partnering with parents and families to build the home as the center of biblical guidance
- Promoting systematic biblical giving and the stewardship of life as the norm for believers
- Developing and implementing an intentional process for multiplying leaders and new kingdom ministry units
Be a part of our story...
Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together a 8:00 am and 11 am.