UCFM Youth Prayer Coordinator
The Youth Prayer Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing prayer. Helping youth understand the power of prayer, help youth grow in their faith, as week as grow in their prayer life.
|Ministry Area/Department||Children and Youth|
|Position||Youth Prayer Coordinator|
|Accountable To||Children and Youth President|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Pastor/shepherd • Exhortation • Mercy-showing|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Accessible by telephone • Available every day • Strong belief in the power of prayer • Good listener|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable •Expresser • Leader • Trustworthy|
|Passion For||Spending time with God in prayer • Petitioning God on the behalf of others|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: A minimum of four hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: One to three hours a month
- Actively engaged in children’s church: Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, and other activities as required
- Organize and oversee youth prayer ministry.
- Collect prayer requests from youth and youth ministry once a week.
- Recruit prayer warriors inside and outside the youth ministry who will pray for the youth and the youth ministry.
- Coordinate prayer for the youth, youth ministry staff, and youth volunteers.
- Support children and youth as well as the staff members
- Build relationships with children and youth as well as their parents
- Be familiar with youth activities calendar
- Participate in and assist with supervising activities be it outreach, church related activities, or other outside ministry opportunities that provide children and youth to develop their spiritual gifts and talents in Christian service