UCFM Youth Ministries Social Media and Promotions Coordinator
The Youth Ministries Social Media and Promotions coordinator will oversee Children and Youth’s online publications and advertising and will offer suggestions for improving and maintaining the Children and Youth’s image in the community.
|Position||Youth Ministry Social Media and Promotions Coordinator|
|Accountable To||Children and Youth President|
|Ministry Target||Congregation and the community|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||New, growing Christian|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Experience in publishing, advertising or public relations • Organized • Good communicator|
|Best Personality Traits||Organizer • Friendly • Professional • Dependable-leader|
|Passion For||Promoting good communication within the church and presenting a positive image of the church in the community|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: A minimum of four hours a week (more during special events)
- Participating in meetings/training: One to three hours a month
- Coordinate and oversee development of Children and Youth department’s social media postings, online advertisements, website flyers, public relations pieces, news releases and newsletters for the Children and Youth department.
- Oversee the Children and Youth department’s social media networks through continuos monitoring of both content from the church channels and response from the social media audience.
- Oversees and manages volunteers who assist in social media for Children and Youth department.
- Work closely with Church Social Media Promotions Director to ensure timely and accurate posting of activities and events.
- Provide staff and volunteer social media training and etiquette.
- Creating, managing and improving content for all social media networks for the Children and Youth Department
- Inspect all Children and Youth department literature as well as church social media networks for current information (names, dates & times) and relevancy.
- Develop new marketing channels for the Children and Youth department
- Develop a culture that encourages sharing on social media amongst staff and church members
10.Creating and informing staff of social media policies.
roofread material to be printed/posted online.
11.Provide church leadership monthly updates on social media metrics.
- Regulary advises church leadership on areas in social media that need investment.
- Oversees and is “hands-on” with both internal and external communications activities aggressively seeking to foster the
church’s mission and improve the “brand” while enabling cross-communications between the staff, session, ministries, committees and the congregation.