UCFM Youth Assistant
The youth activities assistant is responsible for providing supervision and assisting the youth activities coordinator as needed during activities that promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement among teens.
|Ministry Area/Department||Children and Youth|
|Accountable To||Youth activities Coordinator|
|Ministry Target||Children and Youth|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||New, growing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Pastor/shepherd • Teaching|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Enjoys the challenge of working with teens and understands characteristics of teens • Good role model • No criminal record|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable-expresser|
|Passion For||Providing leadership support and making a positive difference in the lives of teens|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: A minimum of four hours a month
- Participating in meetings/training: One to three hours a month
- Actively engaged in children’s church- Sunday morning, Wednesday evenings, and other activities as required
- Participate in and assist with supervising activities for teens—from one to four times a month, depending on number of volunteers. Types of activities include:
- Our activities—fun and fellowship for teens who are regularly involved in our youth program;
- Outreach activities—fun activities for reaching out to unsaved or unchurched teens, building relationships and presenting the gospel;
- Others activities—ministry opportunities for teens to use their spiritual gifts and talents in Christian service.
- Be familiar with the youth activities calendar.
- Meet with youth activities coordinator once a month to review the upcoming month’s activities and receive training as necessary.
- Distribute and receive activities permission slips when needed and give them to the youth activities coordinator.
- Provide encouragement and positive reinforcement to teens.
6. Pray for the teens and activity success prior to each activ