UCFM Youth Activities Coordinator
The youth activities coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing activities that promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement among teens.
|Ministry Area/Department||Children and Youth|
|Position||Youth Activities Coordinator|
|Accountable To||Children and Youth President|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Pastor/shepherd • Teaching • Administration|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Enjoys the challenge of working with teens and understands characteristics of teens • Good role model • No criminal record • Goof planning and organization skills|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable •expresser • Leader • Analyst|
|Passion For||Organizing activities and promoting a sense of unity and fellowship among teens|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: A minimum of four hours a month
- Participating in meetings/training: One to three hours a month
- Actively engaged in children’s church: Sunday morning, Wednesday evening, and other activities as required
- Plan special weekly activities for teens. Vary the types of activities from:
- Our activities—fun and fellowship for teens who are regularly involved in our youth program;
- Outreach activities—fun activities for reaching out to unsaved or unchurched teens, building relationships and presenting the gospel;
- Others activities—ministry opportunities for teens to use their spiritual gifts and talents in Christian service.
- Create and maintain the youth activities calendar. Every youth leader and teen and the administrative secretary should receive a copy of each month’s activity calendar.
- Meet with youth activities assistant once a month to review the upcoming month’s activities and receive training as necessary.
- Develop, distribute and receive activities permission slips when needed, have parents complete and sign, containing emergency information; keep these on file and take copies with the group when traveling. Check with insurance company regarding proper liability release statement.
- Provide encouragement and positive reinforcement to teens.
- Recruit volunteers to become youth activities assistants to help oversee and help carry out weekly activities; rotate volunteers to serve every other week, once a month or with specific types of activities.
- Pray for the teens and activity success prior to each activity.