UCFM Volunteer driver
The Volunteer Driver is responsible for providing prompt and safe service of transporting church staff and attendees by driving the church van, or bus around Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. Must possess knowledge of and the ability to safely operate passenger vehicles. Must also have the ability to communicate effectively with church staff, volunteers, and church attendees.
|Ministry Area/Department||Facilities and Grounds|
|Accountable To||Facilities Manager|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church Member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Serving • Helps •|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Detail orientated• Able to meet deadlines • Friendly and patient with all passengers • Valid driver’s license (Bus driver requires CDL)• Exercise good judgement|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable • Hardworking • Initiative to get things done without direct supervision • Humble • Teachable|
|Passion For||Good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church • Presenting a positive physical appearance of the church in the community|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: two to four hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: One to two hours a month
- Operates church bus or church van on scheduled routes.
- Performs inspections of vehicles as required by the state of Louisiana. Maintains driving logs and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Inspects fluid levels and tire pressures, adding, when necessary, fuel and air.
- Inspects and reports all vehicle malfunctions. Cleans vehicle windows and lights, sweeps floors; maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Performs minor and simple repairs on vehicles in the event of a breakdown.
- Posses an awareness of all traffic regulations with a willingness to comply.
- Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by supervisor.