The groundskeeper will work to improve and maintain a well-kept, neat appearance of the church grounds.
|Ministry Area/Department||Facilities and Grounds|
|Accountable To||Facilities Manager|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church Member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Serving • Administration • Helps|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||General construction • Building maintenance • Lawn-care skills • Ability to supervise others • Valid driver’s license and transportation|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable • Hardworking • Initiative to get things done without direct supervision • Analyst-dependable or analyst-expresser|
|Passion For||Good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church • Presenting a positive physical appearance of the church in the community|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 3-8 hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: One to two hours a month
- Cut the grass weekly or as needed, depending on the season
- Trim around shrubs, foundations-anywhere needed as needed
- Spread fertilizer and weed and crabgrass preventer twice a year or as needed.
- Trim shrubs
- Weed and flower gardens
- Clear snow/ice/debris from walkways; put down ice melting crystals to prevent slick spots when necessary
- Pick up liter from grounds
- Maintain lawn and garden equipment; arrange for repairs when needed.
- Order and pickup lawn and garden supplies when needed