UCFM facilities volunteer
The Facilities Volunteer is responsible for keeping the campus clean and tidy between services, events, and other various church activities.
|Ministry Area/Department||Facilities and Grounds|
|Accountable To||Facilities Manager|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Serving • Helps • Administration|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Detail orientated• Able to meet deadlines • Able to work unsupervised • Self-motivated • Exercise good judgement • Must be flexible|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable • Hardworking • Initiative to get things done without direct supervision • Humble • Teachable|
|Passion For||Good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church • Presenting a positive physical appearance of the church in the community|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: One to four hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: Two hours a month
- Cleans the sanctuary thoroughly after services; including vacuuming, cleaning the aisles of programs or paper left behind.
- Arrives early to ensure main sanctuary is stocked and ready for attendee arrival
- Transport supplies from storage area to various locations in the church as needed or required
- Check restrooms in between services to ensure cleanliness and neatness, and fully stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, and soap
- Keeps inventory and notifies Facility Manager of needed supplies
- Cleans up spills and keeps floor dry during rainy services
- Cleans restrooms once a week and spot cleans before every service or event
- Sets up rooms for meeting, events, or conference. Including stacking chairs, making tables available, etc.
- Replaces broken or burned out light bulbs
- Attend large events such as weddings and funerals to provide ongoing custodial duties and stays after to clean up.