The Singles Activities Coordinator will plan and organize regular activities for single adults for the purpose of fun, fellowship and spiritual edification.
|Ministry Area/Department||Singles Ministry|
|Position||Singles activities coordinator|
|Ministry Target||Single adults|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, mature Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Administration • Exhortation • Teaching • Shepherding|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Good role model • Good planning and organizational skills• Understands the characteristics of the above listed age group|
|Best Personality Traits||Leader •Dependable • Expresser|
|Passion For||Planning activities for fun, fellowship and spiritual edification of single adults|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: One to four hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: One to three hours a month
- Recruit ministry members and support leadership team
- Get to know the single adults in the church and find out what their interests are and what activities they enjoy. Do a yearly survey regarding activity choices.
- Plan and organize monthly and quarterly activities for all singles (60+).
- Coordinate special activities with the singles class including
- Single-again groups for widows/widowers, divorcees;
- Single parents;
- Never-married/ and career.
- Prepare an activity calendar and distribute copies to all singles.
- Give a copy of the activity schedule to the administrative secretary for when someone calls with questions about dates and activities and so that the information may be included in the church master calendar.
- Attend monthly meeting with leadership team to determine activities and events to be scheduled over several months
- Arrange venues, food, entertainment, speakers and marketing for the various events planned
- Assist in the execution of scheduled events
- Collect and study data for monthly scorecard and make recommendations for improvements
- Create partnerships with other churches and their Singles Ministry
- Present and represent ministry in a positive light at all times
- Follow up with team members in time of illness in a spirit of loving support
- Look for ways to help singles become part of the worship services and contribute to a spirit of commitment among the members