UCFM Parking lot attendant
The UCFM parking lot attendant is responsible for directing vehicles into and out of the church parking lots in an orderly and friendly manner.
|Ministry Area/Department||In Reach|
|Position||Parking lot attendant|
|Accountable To||Building and Grounds Mgr|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Member and or Other approved individual|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Serving • Administration * Helps|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||• Valid driver’s license and transportation * good sense of Judgment|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable • Hardworking • Initiative to get things done without direct supervision • Analyst-dependable or analyst-expresser|
|Passion For||Good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church • wanting to see the work of the church go forth in excellence|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: 1-2 hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: Once a quarter – 2hours
- Be in your assigned parking lot on time ( 10-15 minutes before service) ready to direct traffic.
- Wear the church’s assigned orange parking vest when directing traffic.
- Have an umbrella available in inclement weather.
- Be friendly and polite when directing vehicles. Give helpful but short answers to vehicles stopping to ask questions.
- Always keep the traffic flowing in the parking lot.
- Direct vehicles with handicap stickers to specially designated spaces. Assist the disable and elderly by providing umbrella escorts in inclement weather.
- Use assigned traffic cones to block entrances to lots that become full.
- Warmly greet people as they exit or enter their vehicles.
- Notify team lead or Director of facilities when a guest or members need assistance with their disabled vehicles ( flat tire, stall car, etc…)
- Remember, you are usually UCFM’s last opportunity to minister to those leaving the church’s facilities!