The Nursing Director will be responsible for administering first aid and/or medical attention as needed during church services, activities and events. This person must show a caring and concerned spirit in calming and ministering to individuals who need first aid and or medical attention. The Nursing Director will also work to develop a team of First Aid volunteers
|Ministry Area/Department||General staff/administration|
|Accountable To||Helps Director|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Mature, Stable Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Mercy-showing • Serving|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Certified nursing assistant, nurse, emergency medical technician, doctor or someone certified to give proper first-aid treatment • Current CPR certificate required.|
|Best Personality Traits||Compassionate • Careful • Levelheaded • Leader-analyst • Leader-dependable • Dependable-expresser|
|Passion For||Helping others|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: as needed during church services/activities
- Participating in meetings/training: as needed
- Be available during church services, activities, events.
- Provide first aid and or medical attention to members/visitors needing such services.
- Transport or arrange transportation to the hospital when necessary.
- Teach CPR (or arrange to have another qualified individual teach) to the pastoral staff, church leaders and congregation.
- Recruit, develop and train First Aid Volunteers to provide assistance and care to others who have basic health needs.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to effectively interact with a diverse group of all ages