UCFM Children and Youth Teacher
The Children and Youth Teacher is responsible for training and developing Children and Youth in God’s word regarding God’s love, character, and principles that help the believer live life skillfully.
|Ministry Area/Department||Children and Youth|
|Position||Children and Youth Teacher|
|Accountable To||Children and Youth Director|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, mature Christian- Spirit Filled- Tither|
|Spiritual Gifts||Teacher * Administration* Mercy *Helps * Leadership|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Communication *Computer literacy * Team player * Creativity *|
|Best Personality Traits||Motivated • People oriented * loves feedback|
|Passion For||Reading and studying God’s word – seeing the believer grow in grace and the knowledge of Jesus Christ|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: A minimum of four hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: One-three hours a month
- Arrive at church 8:45am sharp
- Prepare Lesson when assigned to teach – A minimum of four hours study time and prep time.
- Facilitate the discussions and collect all lesson overviews from each table or group
- Give special assignments to students occasionally and recognize excellent work
- Summarize the lesson and the key points for application
- Build Godly relationships with students and encourage fellowship and church attendance
- Attend church services and all staff meetings regularly
- Contact Students monthly by phone or email to encourage them in their Christian walk
- Contact Department leader when out of service or unable to attend a required training or staff meeting.
- Be flexible and open to different teaching assignments as needs within the department may occur.
- Report all accidents or classroom challenges to the Department leader immediately upon incident.
- Communicate with parents in regard to class assignments and activities.
- Collect and maintain data for monthly scorecard