UCFM Buildings Custodian
The building’s custodian is responsible for keeping the church buildings clean and orderly. In the event of weddings, funerals, and other nonchurch sponsored events, the event host will be responsible for the custodian’s services. Church policy will dictate fees.
|Ministry Area/Department||Facilities and Grounds|
|Accountable To||Facilities Manager|
|Ministry Target||Church in general|
|Position May Be Filled By||Church Member|
|Minimum Maturity Level||Stable, maturing Christian|
|Spiritual Gifts||Serving • Administration • Helps|
|Talents or Abilities Desired||Able to perform physical labor necessary in cleaning all church facilities|
|Best Personality Traits||Dependable • Hardworking • Initiative to get things done without direct supervision • Analyst-dependable or analyst-expresser • Conscientious|
|Passion For||Good stewardship of the facilities God has given the church • Presenting a positive physical appearance of the church in the community|
|Length of Service Commitment||One year minimum|
Anticipated Time Commitments
- Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: twenty-twenty five hours a week
- Participating in meetings/training: two hours a month
- Inform facilities manager when cleaning supplies are low or when equipment or facilities need repair.
- Empty all wastebaskets weekly; more often if necessary
- Dust furniture in office, reception areas, visitor center, sanctuary and entrances
- Vacuum sanctuary, offices and other carpeted areas weekly, or more often if needed. Dust, mop, sweep or vacuum other areas as needed
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains and telephone mouthpieces weekly
- Clean cobwebs from ceilings, corners, vents, fans, etc., as needed
- Thoroughly clean restrooms weekly. Check them after each event and reclean if necessary-includes cleaning toilet bowls, urinals, partitions, tiled walls, mirrors and floors and refilling soap, towels, and toilet paper.
- Clean windows and glass doors as needed
- Replace light bulbs. Turn off nonrequired lights
- Water plants as needed
- Pick up litter
- Check all areas for odors. Clean and disinfect as necessary
- Clean up after church sponsored events
- Clean up accidents as needed: spills, wet spots, etc
- Straighten chairs in areas as needed.